Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Make way for baby #4!!!

Jason here... for those who aren't on Facebook or missed the news, we have officially announced that Kacy is expecting baby #4! She is due on Oct 2, but given her history, we'll have a new monkey or princess sometime in mid to late September.

I am so excited to have a job where I'm not traveling so I can be home more often for this pregnancy, and especially after the baby is here. It was always so hard being gone nearly every other week right around when Kennidee turned one, up until I left Digital Gateway. I'm not sure Kacy appreciates me being around as much though, LOL.

Life is busy right now. Dawson has piano on Monday, soccer on Tuesday and Thursday and scouts on Wednesday. He is excited to be entering the Bear den soon (he just took first place in Pinewood Derby a few weeks ago, all thanks to Kacy's wicked car building skills!) Kennidee has dance on Tuesday and soccer on Monday and Wednesday. It is her first attempt at a sport, she needs to learn some aggression! Kyson can't wait to start playing sports, he's going to be a great soccer player and football player, or so he thinks. He also thinks he will be a good basketball player... but given the height (or lack thereof) of his parents, the boy has no chance.

And now can I just say....


I wanted to publicly post my appreciation for Kacy. She has struggled a ton since leaving Utah. We know this is where we need to be, but it doesn't make the distance between friends and family any easier (I even felt the blues over the Holidays of being away from familiar faces and places!). But it is especially hard when big events happen, like my cousin getting married in a month or two, and my step grandpa Forrest getting baptized this coming Sunday! So excited for him and Nana!

She has also been more sick this pregnancy than any of the others. Yet she manages to (usually) keep a cheerful attitude and continues wearing many hats around the house, and fill in for my inadequacies (which are many). She fills the role of taxi driver, tutor, chauffeur, maid, laundry and cook. On the weekends we usually let her play the role of sleeping beauty! She deserves it for all she does for us!

Kacy is truly one in a million! She has given me 3 (mostly) perfect kids, she is always there to put a smile on my face and remind me that life is to be enjoyed and that I should laugh more often. We recently took a rather lame cruise (lame because our ports all got canceled), but Kacy coaxed me into getting up on stage and singing karaoke with her. Those who know me realize that is COMPLETELY out of my comfort zone... but you know what? I had a blast! And would I do it again? By myself maybe not, but with her... heck yeah!

Kacy I know it may be a few days or weeks until you read this (when someone comments on it probably LOL), but I hope you know how much I love you. I know I have not always showed it through my actions or words, but I truly do love you. I strive to improve, life is a quest for perfection, sometimes we stumble, but it sure is nice when you're there to pick me back up and pat me on the back (or kick me in the rear) and encourage me to do better.

Here's to another flawless delivery! I've been pretty dang spoiled when it comes to the delivery room. She had Dawson before she even met me, yet I was destined to be his dad, so it's a good thing we met! She labored at home for several hours with Kennidee while I was asleep, then she woke me up and I drove like a madman to the hospital where she delivered within 30 minutes or so (she knows the exact numbers of course). Kyson was not quite as fast, we checked into the hospital in the late evening, she labored masterfully with him for several hours before delivering him just in time for me to get home to take Dawson to his first T Ball game (we didn't want him missing a game because of his brother!) And oh yeah... she didn't have an epidural with Kyson... talk about a trooper! It was pointed out to me that I may have told "EVERYONE" (likely meaning 2 or 3 people LOL) that she was screaming bloody murder... but either way, I would like to put it on the record that she was not screaming bloody murder LOL. She was in pain, but who wouldn't be? Then the fact that she was up and walking around and such so soon after delivery... Kacy is amazing!

Honey I hope you know how much I love you! I'm so proud of the things you've accomplished here in Lubbock. You are doing such amazing things in the relief society, and with the ward down here. There is a reason you are here, we both know that. I too hope that we can return to Utah someday (even though as you said last time you visited they are rude up there and don't know how to drive). But we're here for a reason, and whatever that reason is we will continue to find out. But it sure has been a great (almost) year here with you!

Forever yours (even though many times that thought scares you! LOL),

Jason


2 Wise Cracks:

Nicole S. said...

Awwww! I wish my husband would say things like that to me!! I'm so excited for you guys to have another baby!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a girl!

Melissa said...

That was too cute!