Friday, April 10, 2009

Pain is gone! Well mostly!

So on Wednesday I had to finally go to have the lithotripsy for my Kidney stone friends. I had to get up at 4:30 to be there by 5:30. I was really nervous. Jason was super nervous too! When they took me back they did a xray to see where the stone was and it had moved down the Ureter alot more then the doctor ever thought would happen. That was what was causing so much pain. It was ripping pretty bad. However they were able to successfully blast it and I started passing pieces immediately. The first day I felt pretty good but Thursday I was pretty sore and felt as if someone took a bat to my side and smacked me really hard. The doctor said to plan on being sore for a while. But I was just glad to finally have it over with. I woke up really happy from the procedure and was making Jason take pictures. However I don't remember. That night my wonderful neighbor brought us over dinner even though I had told her I was okay. We were super grateful for her thoughtfulness and it worked great for Thursday when I really did not feel okay. Thanks to all of our friends and family for all your help with the kids and all your phone calls and thoughtfulness.


Me just before they took me back for surgery. I was seriously looking so hot in that hat!


Me right after they brought me out. I don't remember telling Jason to take this but apparently I kept telling him over and over to take a picture. I think it is hilarious!


This was me checking in with My Mom or Kennidee I can't remember. But I can't be away from my phone too long.

2 Wise Cracks:

Melissa said...

I'm so glad it's over for you. I hope they never come back. You look great in your hat.

Rebecca said...

You and your phone! I HATE the phone. I get away from it every chance I get. I probably would not have even taken it!
I am glad that you are feeling better and that everything went well!