Friday, April 3, 2009

Pain, Pain Go away and don't come back forever!!

So back in December I had a fun trip to the ER and found out that I had several kidney stones and was told to follow up with the Dr. Well I never followed up cause I felt okay even though I did not know if I had ever passed them. Off and on for the last few months I have had pains here and there in my kidney area and just ignored it. Well Jason had left for work to Alaska and I really didn't want him to go. I kept hoping all week that his flight would get cancelled. So Jason calls me at 730 and tells me that his flight from Seattle to Alaska was canceled and he would probably be heading back home on Wednesday. I was so excited!!! So that night I started cramping really bad and couldn't sleep most of the night. After I got Dawson off to school I decided that I should probably go to the hospital cause I could tell that my Kidneys were acting up. Luckily my neighbor Deana was a life saver and came and sat with Kennidee and Kyson while Kim dropped me off at the ER on her way to work. So I checked myself in and left a message for Jason. However being that it was April fools I was afraid he was not going to believe me. So I made sure that I told him several times on voicemail and text that this was NOT an April fools joke. So they took me back and I would say my pain level was only about a 7 or 8 at that time. Well they gave me some pain meds and some phenegran for nausea and then sent me to have a CT scan. Well I started having a bad reaction from the Phenegran and was having a major panic attack and my legs were so restless and achy that I couldn't hold still. The lady doing the CT scan was getting mad at me for moving and I was getting so claustrophobic that I started freaking out on her. So then when I got back to my room they were giving me stuff to try and reverse the reaction that I was having and before I knew it I was so knocked out that I did not even remember Jason getting there. At some point during all this I was calling my Mom from my phone and just sitting there, I also went into the bathroom to go potty and then just sat on the floor til the nurse knocked to see if I was okay. I was so doped up that I crashed finally and did not wake up til 5 in the evening and I don't remember anything in between. They ended up admitting me with hopes that they were going to be able to do lithotripsy that day or first thing in the Morning cause the Kidney stone had grown into a very large stone and was stuck in the Ureter are. So they kept me just to find out later that they won't have a machine to do the surgery til next week. So they sent me home Thursday morning and I was feeling great all day Thursday and did not even have to take any meds. Well Friday the Stone decided it wanted to try and move again and I took two, yes two Lortabs and it didn't even touch the pain. I was so nauseous again and was definitely above a 10 this time on the pain scale. So my Mom took me up to the hospital again where the doctor ordered stronger pain meds be given through a shot. Well they finally worked and I felt soooo much better. Apparently even if I feel okay I need to keep on top of the pain meds until they blow this thing up. So I feel like I have been popping pills all day to keep myself able to function and keep the pain under control. I go in Wednesday for the lithotripsy. I hope I survive til then. Here are some pictures Jason took of me in the hospital just to prove to everyone that this was not just a bad April Fools Joke.




Just a piece of advice for anyone ho has kidney stone problems. GET THEM TAKEN CARE OF AND FOLLOW UP WITH DOCTOR LIKE THEY SAY TOO. IT WILL AVOID A LOT OF PAIN! And yes they are pretty comparable to giving birth as far as the pain.

5 Wise Cracks:

Lacey said...

Oh Kacy I am so sorry, I have never had one but a good friend of mine has and I seen how much pain she was in. I hope all goes well. Let us know if you need anything.

Melissa said...

I can't believe you have to wait so long to get lithotripsy. I'm so sorry.

the nayz said...

Oh girl!! I am so sorry to hear about that. I was thinking about you all day yesterday (4/8). I hope all went well and you are back to normal soon.

Karen said...

oh Suck! I've had kidney stones before and they freaking kill! I'm so sorry for you. Hope that the surgery went okay and those stones don't come back.

Brittany said...

holy crap that sucks!!! hope you are feeling better!