Thursday, December 23, 2010

Rough Day!

As Christmas Day approaches it has gotten me thinking as well as a little down. I have been thinking a lot about all of our past Christmas'. We have spent every Christmas eve since we got married with Jason's family at their Christmas party. Although at times there has been a bit of drama it is something we have looked forward too. White elephant bingo was always fun. The kids singing waiting for Santa to come to get their last minute wishes on his list and of course just seeing how much the extended family had grown since the year before.
Christmas day usually consisted of rushing in the morning to get things done so Dawson could leave or the morning dragging while we waited for Dawson to return at one so we could open presents. Grandma and Papa, Nana and Grandpa Forrest and Grandma Lourenco would all make their appearance throughout the day and then we would usually do dinner with Kim and her family.
During the holidays Jason and I would have our Christmas date to Melting Pot. We would take the kids to see Temple Square, check out the lights at Thanksgiving point and lots of game nights.
These things are all things that I feel that I took for granted. Now that we are 1100 miles away from family it is making me really miss all of these things. I am sad that Dawson is away from us for the Christmas break. I am also sad that we are missing out on all of these "traditions" that we had started without even realizing had started.
I know that this move was what we were suppose to do. It just seems like these last few days it has been a little rough on me. The kids are really homesick. They are also missing their big brother Dawson. Of course Jason really could care less. To him not having all the family obligations is a relief. It is amazing how different men and women are.
We do have a Christmas Eve party planned with several other families in our ward and it is going to be a blast. I just wish we had all of our family here to share this wonderful time of the year with us.

1 Wise Cracks:

Nicole S. said...

Sorry you were feeling so sad. Being away from family can be hard. But I'm glad that you have great friends to spend time with.