Monday, February 9, 2009

Harlem Globetrotters



I (Jason) am not a huge basketball fan, however I have memories of going to the Harlem Globetrotters when I was a little boy with my Grandma Plott. 3 years ago I was able to take Dawson to see the "Silly Basketball Players" as he still remembers them. Well I had won a 4 pack of tickets from KFAN 1320AM, and since Kacy was a party pooper and didn't want to go, Dawson was able to bring his cousin Austin. Kennidee was more interested in the popcorn and climbing to the top of the arena (as if our seats weren't already nosebleed seats)... Kennidee also showed that she is just like her mom... she can strike up a conversation with ANYONE. She wandered down to the bottom of the section and was having a conversation with the usher lady, then she noticed a "grandpa" and she sat by him and talked to him for a little bit.

The show is really almost the exact same as I remember it when I was little, but it was fun seeing the kids enjoy the Globetrotters antics. Dawson and Austin were cracking up when one of the players "farted" while playing Globetrotter football, and they were really laughing their heads off when one of the players kissed a guy in the crowd on the lips.

We had a fun night seeing the World Famous Harlem Globetrotters once again defeat the Washington Generals!

0 Wise Cracks: