Monday, April 7, 2008

My Boy is growing up!



So Little Dawson just celebrated his 6th birthday and I can hardly believe it. Time goes by so fast. It seems like just last year that I was snuggling up with him and changing his diapers. I remember when Dawson was born, I loved him so much from the start. Yes I know Mom's do that. But I swore I was not going to cry like all these other moms do. Well I was wrong. The doctor handed him to me and I lost it. He was so beautiful. He was so precious. I never thought that I could love anyone I had just met that much. I never wanted to put him down. I had him snuggled up with me every night in my bed. His room was right next to mine and he never slept in there. In fact his cradle was at the end of my bed and he never even slept in that. I just did not want to be away from him for even a second. When I had to go back to work it was horrible. The only thing that kept me sane was the fact that my wonderful sisters were taking care of him. He was such a happy little guy all the time. He just lit up whenever anyone even looked at him. When he was about a month old he won 2nd runner up in the "Hawaiian tropic". That was so fun for Mom. The first year seemed to fly by. Unfortunately it has not stopped yet. We are so proud of Dawson. He is in Kindergarten and is the smartest one in his class (Just Ask MOM). He is reading so well. I can't even believe it. He is the biggest sweetheart. He always says the funniest things that just make us laugh. He loves to tease and loves to play on Webkinz and play the Wii! He has the strongest little testimony of the church and never lets me put him to sleep without saying prayers and turning on Church tapes/CD's. He prays every night that he can go to the Temple with Mom and Dad. And even though he is now 6 years old he still loves to snuggle up with his Mommy. He always knows when to come and hug me or tell me he loves me. He also showers me with compliments telling me how pretty I am. Sometimes I have even managed to be "Sexy". Now I am not sure a 6 year old knows what that is but who cares. I love it anyway. Every morning when I drop him off at school he never leaves without saying "I Love You". How in the world did I get so lucky. I am the luckiest Mom in the world to have such wonderful kids. These pictures are from when Dawson was 15 mths old. I love them so much though. I wanted everyone to see how cute and happy he always was. Then of course there is a much more recent one.
Happy Birthday little Buddy!

4 Wise Cracks:

Meg said...

I love Dawson! I can't believe how old he looks in that last picture. I wish they didn't all grow up so fast!

Lacey said...

Oh Kacy I remember those pictures like it was yesterday. I know exactly how you feel. They grow up just way to dang fast. He looks so much like you in that last picture. We are lucky to have wonderful kids!!
Lace

Downs Family said...

Kacy-

Your kids are really cute. Isn't blogging the best? It is great to see what every one has been up to!

Stacie

Nicole S. said...

Look how cute those baby pictures are!! I forgot how cute he was and of course he still is! We have been so blessed to have such great kids!