Sunday, January 18, 2009

Draper Temple Open House

So last night we were able to go to the Draper Temple Open House. We had requested tickets a few weeks ago and we had my sister and her family and a few of our friends and their families with us. I have gone to the Temple Open houses before but it was different this time cause we were able to take our kids. We did leave Kyson home with a sitter so that we didn't have him thinking that he needed to run around. It was such a neat experience being able to take the kids and being able to explain the importance and purpose of each room. There is always such a strong feeling of peace as well as the spirit when attending the Temple. The kids were so good and had lots of questions. Dawson was amazed at all the beautiful light fixtures. He absolutely loved the Sealing rooms as well as the Celestial room. He thought that being able to look through the mirrors and seeing forever was especially cool.I hope that the kids will always remember the way that they felt in the Temple yesterday. We are hoping that someday soon Dawson is able to go to the Temple and be sealed to our family. He really wants to and prays every night that he is able too.
If you have not yet had the chance to go to the open house I suggest requesting tickets asap HERE. I was amazed at the organization with all the people that were going. They have everyone park at different local Churches and bus you to the Temple grounds. After the Temple tour they have a beautiful reception area set up at the Church next door with cookies and waters for all the guest. They have it decorated beautifully with pictures of all the Temples around the world. It was so great and I hope you all get the chance to go.

Our Family at the reception after. No Dawsons tie isn't too short. He had untucked his shirt and looks like a goofball.


4 Wise Cracks:

Brittany said...

I bet is was beautiful! The last temple I have been able to walk through was the Rexburg, ID one. Such a neat experience!

So my word verification that I had to type in was decup!! hahaha! So not me!

Rebecca said...

How exciting for you and your family. I hope Dawson will be able to be sealed to you. We are in a similar situation with Kassie and it is hard to explain to them.

Meg said...

Wow I bet it was amazing! When I was little my family was able to go to the San Diego temple open house and I will never forget it.

Nikki said...

How FUn. I've been wanting to go but we haven't had a chance. We are still on for friday right?