Sunday, January 18, 2009

A trip to the Dentist

So on Tuesday Dawson had to go and get two small cavities filled and two sealants done. The cavities were from last year that we never had filled. His last cleaning was excellent minus those two from before. He knew that we were going and was very nervous. When we got there he was even more nervous. So we got called back and she started to do the laughing gas and he freaked out. He put it on for a few minutes and then started panicking. We told him that he could do it without that but it would make him feel better with the gas. Well he didn't want to do it so she started to get the needle ready for the numbing and he freaked out and jumped out of the chair. After a phone call to Dad and some serious threatening with the consequences if he chose to not do it we finally got him to cooperate. It was amazing cause once he calmed down and let the Hygienist do what needed to be done he was a whole different kid. He said that none of it even hurt. Dad was so happy cause they were still able to go to the Walking with Dinosaurs the next day. I had to take a picture of him to send to Dad so I figured I would post it. Hopefully he remembers how scared he was and be better at brushing his teeth.

4 Wise Cracks:

Brittany said...

Awe, poor little guy - I hate the dentist! I try and remember how much I hate the shot and numbing so I will be better at brushing and laying off the sweets!

Nicole S. said...

I hate the dentist and so I know how he feels. Poor guy!

Rebecca said...

What a brave little guy! I make them hook me up with the gas and the shots!

Meg said...

Way to go Dawson! Who likes the dentist right? :)