Tuesday, May 5, 2009

6 years ago today....



I posted this last year, but the blog was fairly new.... so for those that never saw it, here you go.... LOVE YOU KACY! Thanks for everything you do! I am grateful to have you in my life! XOXOXOXOXO



So here's the story... 6 years ago in February we had started dating again (after I scared her away the first time). While we were not dating, I had decided I was going on a single's cruise in May. Well by the time the cruise came around, we were dating again and had decided that we were going to get married.

We had gone out ring shopping and found one. So while I'm en route to Houston, Kacy calls and says that the guy at the other store will give us a better deal with the same Diamond we had picked out. So the jeweler calls me and we get it financed. So while I'm on the cruise, I'm trying to figure out a way to propose to her. I thought about spelling out "will you marry me" on the beach and taking pictures, but that wasn't working too well.

So we thought of taking this picture, then on Cozumel I bought a frame to put the picture in.

When I got back to SLC, I told Kacy that I called the jeweler and the ring would not be ready until the next day. Meanwhile I ran to the mall and picked up the ring, then got the photo printed out, I put it in the frame and wrapped it back up in the newspaper they wrapped it with in Mexico.

I headed to Kacy's apartment and gave her the picture, then got the ring out, got down on one knee and proposed (while little Dawson was climbing all over me as he was excited to see me again).

Long story short... she said YES!

5 Wise Cracks:

Brittany said...

awe, what a sweet story!! happy 6 years!!!

Rebecca said...

That is too sweet! I LOVE that you post on her blog Jason. That is sooo swe1et. Kacy you have a keeper!

Kacy said...

I just barely saw this. Too funny! LOL

Jason said...

The funniest part is Brittany posted this morning, so you would have got an email... show's how much you pay attention! LOL. xoxoxoxoxo

Melissa said...

So you were on a singles cruise while trying to decide how to propose to Kacy. How was your cruise? LOL Happy Aniverssary.