Sunday, May 3, 2009

Easter 2009

Since we were in St George for Easter this year we had to do things a little different then usual. The kids got their Easter outfits the week prior and got to wear them to church then. They still got their baskets at Kori's house. When we realized that we were going to go down over Easter and that Spring Break was that week as well then we decided to surprise the kids with a Disneyland trip. The kids had no idea. They did however know that Kori and Kim's families were both going. They were not really too jealous cause they know they get to go to Hawaii this summer. But on Saturday Kennidee started telling Kim that her Dad said she could go with them. Later that evening she told Jason that I told her she could go and then she told me that Kim said she could go. So Easter morning they got their baskets and so I told them we had one more surprise but that they had to trade their baskets for the other surprise. Kennidee slowly folded up her swimsuit, got her webkin and her candy and put it back in the basket and handed it over to me. Dawson on the other hand did not think that was fair and finally gave it to me and said "I know you are going to give it back". Well does he know me or what? So after they gave us their baskets we handed them an envelope with 60$ from the Grandma Rinnie and Papa for Easter and then a Disneyland ticket. It took them a minute to realize what that meant. Once they realized though they were super excited and Kennidee had to run to show her Aunt Kim that she really got to go now.

Dawson with his Basket!


Kyson with his easter basket

Kennidee with her Basket

Since there were so many cousins down there that weekend we planned a breakfast with 4 of the 6 siblings and their families followed by a Easter Egg Hunt with the cousins. It was so fun and the kids had a blast. After all the fun we loaded up our cars and headed out for our 9 hour drive to Disneyland. Yes 9 Hours!!! I will post the Disneyland trip later.


13 or the 28 Grandkids in our family! Crazy I know.



5 Wise Cracks:

Melissa said...

It's about time you blogger slacker...That is so cool you surprised them with Disneyland. I bet you guys had a blast. I can't wait till our kids our older to take them...

Jason said...

What is up with Kysons left eye? Look at the picture up close of him with his basket, he's raising his eyebrow... mischevious monkey!

Rebecca said...

What a cute idea! I can't believe you kept it from them that long. I am sure if we tried that one of the cousins would have told them WAY sooner!

Brittany said...

Glad you had a happy Easter! Love all the morning looks of your sweet little ones!!

Nikki said...

What a great surprise for you kids! I wish we were going to CA! sooo bad! I'm glad you're better..hope all is going well.