Thursday, September 11, 2008

A day that will never be FORGOTTEN!

Today is the 7th annivesary of that horrible day that will never be forgotten. I can't believe it has been that long. I remember it like it happened yesterday. Jason and I were sitting here tonight watching the news from that horrific day. Watching it again just breaks my heart all over again for all the victims and the families that were affected by the events of that day.

Where we you that horrible day?????

I remember waking up that day and getting ready for work. I only had a 10 minute drive to work and had a CD that I was listening to so when I got to work I had not heard anything about what was happening. I remember walking into Kiddie Kandids and my managers face was in shock and she was trying to get sound on the TV or radio in the store. We were not able to get a signal but we finally were able to get the radio to work. The second tower had just been hit. I instantly was so worried that day for my sister who was on her honeymoon. She had flown out to Florida for a cruise on September 9th and was expected back later that week. I was so worried about how she was going to get home and if she was going to make it home safe. I just wanted to go home and glue myself to my couch and watch the news and make sure all my family and friends were safe. Unfortunately the Mall management felt we still needed to be open. There was the strangest feeling that day throughout the mall. It was dead and those that were there were all just wanting to be home with loved ones. I was pregnant with Dawson and remember thinking that I was not going to get the chance to safely bring this child into the world. I remember being so scared. Finally after I got off work I went home and sat in front of the TV and just sobbed. I don't think I moved off of the couch all night. The days following were such strange days. It was on everyones mind all the time. People were discussing it every where you went. I would get off of work and turn to the news again just hoping to hear that more people were able to be saved, that more families prayers would be answered.
The tragedy of September 11th will never be forgotten. Those who gave their lives will never be forgotten. We are so grateful for all of those men and women that continue to put their lives at risk day in and day out for us to have freedom and help keep us safe from these kinds of attacks. We are so blessed to live in America!

2 Wise Cracks:

Mary said...

Thank you for posting this. America is GREAT!

The Oldroyd's said...

I remember this day well too! It was aweful and I am so thankful for our country.