Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Bad word Socks!

Okay so for about a week now Jason has been reminding me quite frequently that I needed to post a certain funny Kennidee story. Well I have been putting it off due to the fact that it is only funny because of my imperfections. But here it is anyway.

So a few weeks ago I was folding and putting away Kennidee's clothes in her room. She came in and was entertaining/bugging me while I was trying to hurry before the Tornado (Kyson) came in and unfolded everything and pull everything out of drawers. Well I handed Kennidee her socks and asked her to put them in the drawer. I then handed her to socks that were missing their match and asked her to set them right inside of the drawer so that we could find them when the other one surfaced. She takes the socks and sets them on the edge of the drawer so they are half way out and closes the drawer. Our conversation was as follows (Keep in mind we are both stubborn and our way is always the right way)

Mom: Kennidee put the sock all the way in the drawer.
Kennidee: No Mom it needs to be out like this
Mom: No Kennidee is doesn't need to be out like that
Kennidee: Yes it does. That way we can see it when we find the other one
Mom: Kennidee please just put the sock in the drawer right in front and then we can find it easy
Kennidee: No it needs to be like this
Mom: Kennidee just put in all the way in the drawer
Kennidee: I want it like this
Mom: KENNIDEE! Put the sock in the drawer. (Mom getting frustrated now and Tornado heading in the room)
Kennidee: Mom I want it like this. Then we can see it.
Mom: KENNIDEE, Just put the damn sock in the drawer.
Kennidee: Mom it is not a damn sock.
Mom: Kennidee don't say that word it is a bad word. (Hello Hypocrite)
Kennidee: I just said damn
Mom: Kennidee, That is a bad word. Mommy shoudn't have said it. If I hear you say it again then I am going to put soap in your mouth.
Kennidee: Okay Mom it isn't a BAD WORD sock.

11 Wise Cracks:

Cody and Jayla Campbell said...

HOLY CRUD thats funny! I sure am missin bunco these days! I really hope you choose to add me to your list of preferred readers on December 1st, cause i still like to peek in on ya every now and then!

Liz said...

Here is my e-mail address so you can add me to the private blog list:

lizzielizard26 at gmail dot com

Brittany said...

What a funny girl! Loved the story! Better invite me!
britalit1018@yahoo.com

The Oldroyd's said...

So funny. Kids say the funniest things. by the way add me to your private blog. I think you already have my email address.

Lacey said...

Oh man. She is funny. You better watch out with that one!!!! She sounds just like you!

April said...

That is great, sounds like conversations that go on in my house!! You have my email so add me to the private blog!!

Nikki said...

What a little spitfire! Sounds like a battle I would have with Hopie. How funny. You need to put me on your list so I can view your private blog: brein8899@msn.com

Melissa said...

Damn it Kacy, you shouldn't swear around your kids :). Too funny though.

Rebecca said...

That is so cute and so something my kids would have did. Dang swear words! I think when you reach a certain age it should be ok to swear. (I know I will just live in my own litte world)! Loved it!!

Vickie said...

That's a cute story!! She is such a cute little girl. I gave Jason my e-mail address on facebook so that I can still view your blog when you go private, but here it is again just in case
vdaraban@graniteschools.org

Jessica said...

Hey! add me. I use this email jakenjess@gmail.com for my personal blog and jess.oliverson@gmail.com for my photography blog. Will you add both?