Sunday, November 9, 2008

Carving Pumpkins and Halloween!

So I am super late with this post. It has been a super crazy week. Jason was out of town and I went back to work at Kiddie Kandids for the Christmas season. Yes, I am fully aware that I am crazy. But I missed it tons and needed a break. There is nothing better then a job that you can pretty much make your own schedule and have no obligations then to do your job and go home.

So Anyway the Thursday before Halloween Kennidee had a little program at school. It was super cute. They sang some halloween songs and did a parade. I loved it. Kennidee also was singing as loud as she could so that I could hear her. She tried to really get into it. I am so grateful for video cameras to save all these memories.


When I took the kids to Cornbelly's on Wednesday I let them pick out pumpkins and the next day I decided to take on carving with the kids. Now this is sooooo not generally my thing, I am not very good at it, but with Jason gone and the old pumpkins rotten I decided that they needed fresh ones for Halloween day. The kids got to pick what pattern they wanted. Dawson picked an easy one but Kennidee had to pick a challenging one. I finally finished at midnight. Gotta love it. They turned out great though.


Kennidee and Dawson cleaning out Dawson's pumpkin

Kennidee cleaning out hers.

We were glad Grandma was here to help clean them out too!



Grandma trying to feed Kennidee the brains of the pumpkin (That is what Kennidee told us they were)

Kennidee's Tinkerbell Pumpkin



Dawson's Mike Wazowski Pumpkin from Monster's Inc.

On Halloween we went to Dawson's school parade at the Elementary school. It is always fun to see all the kids in their cute costumes. It is always very fun to see the older kids and their clever ideas for costumes.

Mr. Dash Incredible

I really don't know what he is suppose to be but this is my Nephew Austin

And this is my nephew Kaden. He was a vampire. He tried to say he is Edward but not quite.

After the parade I went and helped with Dawson's class party. I love being able to go and help out with the parties. I don't know what I am going to do once I have two kids in school next year. I am going to have to clone myself so I can be at both classes.
Jason got home after that and we headed to his work for trick or treating. Then we hit main street and then went to our ward Trunk or Treat. It was such a fun day but I swear we were running no stop. Kyson did not even get his nap and he was such a trooper. It was amazing how many other families dressed up as the incredibles. We also had a few people that thought it was such a cute idea that they took pictures with us. I am so glad that Jason came up with such a fun idea. If you need Halloween costumes the week after Halloween on Disney website is the best. You can get them super cheap. We have ours for next year already. I am super excited. However Dawson is getting too old and doesn't want to be part of our fun. So we still have to find something for the kids. Can't wait til next year.


Here is all of us at our Ward Trunk or Treat. How incredibly cute and original are we?


This is a picture of us with our Friends Ray and Mo and their incredible family as well. I thought it was fun that we were all the same.

(So Krystal, I think that the other five families that were dressed like that must have copied you as well. Apparently nobody get original ideas but you).

10 Wise Cracks:

Lacey said...

i want to be apart of your cool private blog! so don't forget me. tlkw3@comcast.net

The Oldroyd's said...

Include me on the private blog too!

Janet said...

Jason, I would like to keep reading about your family. Beagley61@hotmail.com....and I hope that you bring some tissues to the UTAH/byu game. GO UTES!!!
Ben

Meg said...

Add us!
meg.trayner@gmail.com

Melissa said...

Just to make sure you got it I am giving it to you again. mopy422@comcast.net

CaraDee said...

caralina@gggggggmail.com

Karen said...

We want to be included! Put my email address 'cause you know how Dave is! Haha karenarieb@hotmail.com

Thanks!

Amy C. said...

I feel the same way about having to go private. I just wish that all those weirdo's would just mind their own business! Any way don't forget me.
amy-c-carlson@hotmail.com

Rebecca said...

Thanks for letting me know!
beckymunson75@msn.com

nanalois said...

Don't forget to include Nana and Forrest on your blog. nanalois lt.allinder@comcast.net