Thursday, July 24, 2008

Oh we're going to a Hukilau

Day 1 and 2

So Last September we planned a trip to Maui with my sister Kori and her husband Randy. Unfortunately so much had changed for my sister and they did not know if they were going to be able to make it. Finally after several phone calls saying yes we are going and then more saying that they weren't the day was finally here and at 4:45in the morning on July 13th we received a message from my sister saying that they were not going. Finally at 6:00 in the morning she was on the road on her way up here. She got up here, dropped her kids off with my Mom and we were on our way to the airport.
So becaues of Jason being Platinum member with Delta Airlines we were able to fly first class (That was great). Jason booked our room at the the Wailea Marriott. We had a great room with an amazing view. The Marriott had super comfy beds. There were 4 different pool areas. There was a kids area and then just an adult only pool. Jason is also Platinum with Marriott as well so they always treat us really good. I love it! We are spoiled!
So we did not have much planned for Sunday just mostly hanging out and checking out the scenery and of course shopping before we headed to bed.
On Monday we went on a Snorkel Cruise to Lanai (another island about 8 miles across the ocean from Maui). That was an all day activity. It was pretty fun. We saw about 100 dolphins and some sea turtles too. They gave us a sack lunch for when they dropped us off in Lanai for a few hours and that was nasty. But we had an okay dinner at Cheeseburger in Paradise so it made up for it. We got totally fried on the snorkel trip and my skin is pretty much falling off. LOL We checked out a few shopping areas in Lahaina before heading back to Wailea. In the shopping center by our hotel there was an Ice Cream place that had this awesome Ice Cream called "tutu's anniversary" so we had to get some of that before heading to the hotel for the night.








Jason and I









Kori and Randy






Day 3

Okay so on Tuesday it was kind of more of just a hang out day. So we headed up to Lahaina to the Black Rock Beach and the guys did some jumping off of the rocks and Kori and I just hung out on the beach. While the guys were getting up to Black rock to jump there were some sea turtles right by them and one popped his head right over Jason's shoulder. Kind of freaked him out cause it caught him off gaurd. That night we met up at Hard Rock Cafe with my friend Heather from High school. That was super fun to see her and her darling little girl.




Day 4

On Wednesday we were able to sleep in a little bit. Then we hung out at the beaches by our hotel and did some snorkeling and hung out by the pool for a while then for dinner we went to Kimo's in Lahaina. It is so good. They have this huge prime rib meal that was enough for two to share. Randy's birthday had just passed so we told them it was Randy's birthday and they came and sang to him. The brought out this dessert called Hula Pie that was to die for. It was Yummy. After dinner we went to a Magic Show at Warren and Annabelle's. The magic show was totally awesome. I know that it is all slide of hand stuff but it was amazing. I really don't know how these guys do it. If you ever go to Maui be sure to check it out. They have different magicians there all the time. You do have to be over 21 to go to it as well.






Day 5

So on Thursday we went to zipline course. I was so totally freaked out. By the end though I absolutely loved it. I would love to go again. On the way down from the Volcano I got way car sick. So when we stopped to get lunch we went to this yummy mexican place but I was too sick to eat. After that we did a little shopping and stocked up on chocolate covered Macadamia nuts at costco to bring home. After we headed back to our hotel for the rest of the day.



Day 6,7 and 8

So on Friday we went ahopping, snorkeling and then that evening we went to a Luau at the Marriott. It was totally fun but not as good as the one that we went to a few years ago at the Polynesian Cultural Center. We still had a good time. Saturday we got up and went to breakfast, shopping again and then went to the beach by our hotel and did some more snorkeling. That night we decided to go to Lahaina and go to Kimo's again for the famous Hula Pie and Prime rib again. After that we just checked out a bunch of the shops on Front street and then headed back to the hotel for our last night. Sunday was kind of just a boring day since we had to check out of our room and head to the airport. The only problem was that checkout was at 2:00 and our flight did not leave until 10:00 that evening. So we hung out by the pool and then got cleaned up and packed up and just did some sight seeing and last minute shopping and dinner before heading to the airport. We were flying out first class again and the plane that we had was an international plane so it had the tv's for each seat and the seats reclined almost all the way. It was great considering we were on the redeye flight and had children to come home too. We had such a great time. I was so ready to be home. I missed my kids like crazy but it was nice to get away too. Jason is the best at planning our vacations and always has things planned and organized. We always have a great time traveling. I can't wait to take the kids when they are a little older. Thanks to all of our family and friends that helped with our kids as well as Kori's kids. It makes it much easier when you know that you kids are in good hands.


9 Wise Cracks:

Brittany said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun! Loved all the pics! (I probably would have peed my pants on the zipline! hehe) Maybe someday I will get to go! *sigh*
Glad you had a good time!

Nicole S. said...

Wow! I'm glad you had a great time, unlike the last time you were there. I bet you were so happy that Kori was able to go. It looks so pretty there! Great pictures!

Kristy said...

I love Hawaii, Maui. It looks like you guys had sooo much fun. I want to go on another vacation like that. A whole lot of laying out at the pool. hahaha. Next year, I think were going to plan a trip back to Cancun. LOVED IT!!

Amy C. said...

So-o jealous! You look so pretty and happy in all the photos. Thanks for sharing.

Lacey said...

It looks like you guys had a great time! How beautiful. I want to there so bad! I think Tim would enjoy it!

Melissa said...

I'm so jealous. It looks like you guys had so much fun. I want to go someday.

Me said...

I'm glad u guy's had soo much fun!! I want to go---Someday!! COOL COOL!

Nikki said...

OH! I'm jealous. We've never been to Maui> Only Oahu a few years ago with 37 of my other relatives. Not that I'm complaining. It was great but I would really like to see Maui. Looks like you guys had a really good time. I don't know about the zipline. Looks a little crazy. LOL.

Michelle said...

Your pictures made me cry Kacy. I love maui so much. I call it my second home. I pray we'll have enough money to go this winter and great job on the pics.