Monday, July 28, 2008

Osmonds Pioneer Tribute Concert



So on Saturday Jason and I were able to go to the Pioneer Day Commemoration concert with the Osmonds. My mother in law had gotten some tickets and had given us some. So Jason, my Mom and I went out to dinner and then headed to the Conference center to join the crowds of people. We ended up having really good seats once we finally got in. It was seriously such an awesome concert. I wasn't really sure what to expect since it was at the Conference Center but that place was really rockin' out. The concert did have is serious moments as well. Marie did a version of "How Great Thou Art" that was absolutely amazing. When the Choir would join in it made it even more amazing. The Tabernacle Choir is so awesome to listen to. They have such powerful strong voices and you can always feel the spirit when they sing. My favorite songs that the Osmonds sang was a song called "He Ain't Heavy" and then a song called " "Whenever you're in trouble" They seriously did a fantastic job. It was also really funny watching them rock out 70's style. To end the show they did a song where they brought out their two oldest brothers that are deaf and they signed through the last song. It was really fun to see them include Virl and Tom. I actually grew up living behind Tom and his family. I have not seen him since we moved out of Orem and so it was really cool. They have such a neat and talented family. If you did not get a chance to attend the concert I highly recommend watching one of the broadcasts of it on BYUTV

1 Wise Cracks:

Brittany said...

I love Donny and I heard it was such a good concert. I missed seeing it on tv :(