Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The day finally arrived!


So this post is a little late. But things have been crazy around here. So on November 20th I went to see the anxiously awaited movie Twilight. I had purchased tickets almost two months prior and was so excited. Well I did not have high expectations for the movie because movies are never as good as the book. So we had tickets for 11:59 that night and I was so exhausted from running all day but the excitement kicked in and surprisingly enough I stayed awake. So after seeing the movie I walked out totally disappointed. It was horrible. Terrible acting, low budget and NOT the Edward I pictured in my head. So I slept on it and still felt the same way. Several of my friends watched it the next few days and it was interesting to hear their feelings on the movie. Some agreed with the way I felt and others loved it. So after much thought I decided that I needed to see it again. Over Thanksgiving weekend while visiting family in St. George us girls decided to go and see it again. I have to say that I enjoyed it alot better. I actually now can't wait for the second one to come out. If you have not seen it yet then I suggest if you don't like it to go and see it again. I felt like the Bella was perfect physically however she was a little monotone. I was not too fond of Edward however in some parts he looks okay. Alice was perfect. Jasper as horrible and looked constipated most of the time. Rosalie was okay but not as pretty as she could have been. Emmett, Esme and Carlisle were awesome. Laurent, Victoria and James were great as well. I am still not sure about Charlie. So let me know what you think if you have seen it already otherwise I am curious to know what you think when you do.

7 Wise Cracks:

Lacey said...

I felt the same way. I still haven't see it again, but plan on it. Kylee however LOVED it. but of course she hasn't read the books.

Janet said...

I was so disappointed too, but it was fun meeting you!

Brittany said...

Charlie was a lot more handsome then I pictured him when reading the books, so I was happy. Now when I read the books again, I can have a better image in my head. I think the next movie should be a lot better just based on the fact that it won't be low budget.

April said...

It was CHEESY!! We had a great time watching it though, maybe it was the comments from the gay guys behind us that made it good. We laughed so hard through all of it. I did think that Charlie was played well...the others?? Well I would have to say that it was cheesy!!

Rebecca said...

I am with you on being let down! There were a few scenes I loved, and I really did love Edward, except when they made him sparkle like a sticker...so...not like the book explained!
On another note: Thanks for your sweet comments about my new found personality :) I am sorry to hear you had to experience the lower depths of hell.. that is the ER.. too! Let me know if I can help you. I hope you got a better Dr. than I did! :)

Nikki said...

Thanks for the tickets. I reaaly enjoyed although I'm with you on the low budget thing. I think Charlie was too young to play Bella's dad and I liked the villians, Emmet, Esme, Carlisle. I thought Jasper was okay and Alice was close but not quite what I pictured. Bella was dead on in looks but lacking personality. Edward was not as smooth as I thought he should be but okay. Anyway, we still had a lot of fun. Thanks again.

Melissa said...

I think I need to see it again as well. I heard it was much better the second time. I did have fun laughing with you at all the cheesey parts though. It's been a while, we need to get together again soon.