Monday, August 4, 2008

Calling all Twilight fans!

The day finally arrived for the anxiously awaited release of Breaking Dawn! I had preordered my book through Barnes and Noble to pick up at midnight. My Niece Brianna and I went out at about 9:00 and met up with my friend Staci at West Jordan Barnes and Noble. There were so many people there. It was crazy. The were doing a best and worst bridesmaids dress contest so most people were dressed up. The had lots of games like Bouquet toss, hot potato with a bouquet, Twilight bingo and who could unwrap starbust first with their mouth. So we went around and played some games and visited. At 11:00 the kicked everyone outside so they could get ready for the midnight sale. We had a super fun time meeting people and watching all the crazy Twilight Fans! I got my book just after 1:00 and then we headed home. We had so much fun and it was fun to hang out with Staci too. Hopefully I can find the time (without my house completely falling apart) to get the whole thing finished quick. I am so excited. Now we can start the countdown for the movie.

14 Wise Cracks:

Rach said...

that explains why girls were wearing prom dresses at wal-mart that night! haha, I was so confused. good ol' twilight :)

Garner Family said...

That makes me feel so much better........

Me said...

I'm just getting started in the addiction! I just bought the first two!! YEA!

Melissa said...

I wish I would have gone. I'm so sorry I didn't. It would have been fun to get out. I really hate being sick.

The Oldroyd's said...

I can't believe you are finished. I didn't go at midnight but that would have been a lot of fun.

Brittany said...

I didn't take part in the fun up here but I heard it was madess! Glad you had fun! Still waiting for my turn to read the book :)

Nate and Erin said...

I was there too, how did I miss you! Oh yeah, there was about a million people there! I am already done with the book, I finished it yesterday, so good!

CaraDee said...

I am going to slash your tires Kacy. I know it was you......

the nayz said...

So far the 23rd works for me. I have had something else on my mind these past couple of days that will be on my blog later this week. Anyway, I am much further than that. Jason took my book out of lock down on Sat night at 9pm and I stayed up til 1 am reading it. I couldn't get enough. I am not done, I am somewhere around halfway and I am still loving every word of it. Talk to you soon. I will confirm with the other gals and let you know this week about the BBQ

Lacey said...

How the heck doyou know the Datrups? Jeff is my sister-in-laws brother. I just happened to click on their link and there was my sister in law. Crazy

Vickie said...

I have a couple of pictures of Stockton on my blog if you want to check them out, he is a little cutie pie!! Also let me know if you've finished Breaking Dawn yet--if you have let me know what you thought of it.

April said...

So have you finished Breaking Dawn? Did you like it?

Lacey said...

Yeah I remember that, but I guess I didn't put it together. So Yeah Jeff is my brother in law Jason's brother in law.

Nikki said...

I bought and read it in two days. What did you think? I loved the second half but not so much the first half. I was lucky. My kids had the flu that week, so I had time.