Thursday, May 22, 2008

Companies that SUCK!! Part II


Ok well it's time for another installment of "Companies that SUCK!"

This week's sucky company is none other than CRICKET WIRELESS. If any of you are with Cricket, I'll assume the only reason is because they offer UNLIMITED minutes for a very cheap price, and that you never (or rarely) leave your calling area, at least when you would like to have phone service.

So let's have a minute of "story time"... my wife talks on the phone more than ANYONE I know. When she used to pick me up from the airport from my business trips, she'd be on the phone from Lehi, to the airport, pick me up (barely taking time to say HI), and then she'd be on the phone until around the I-215 , I-15 interchange, then she'd tell her friend (USUALLY IT WAS YOU NIKI!!!) "well I just picked up my husband, i'd better tell him hi", gee thanks honey, you picked me up 20 minutes ago!

How obsessed with phone calls is my wife? Well, this picture should sum things up... yes, shortly after GETTING MARRIED, she is on the cell phone (Wait... NIKI, wasn't she calling YOU to find out where the crap you were so you could be in pictures? If I recall correctly, that is who she was calling.) BTW... doesn't she look BEAUTIFUL! Woo woo hottie!




So back to Cricket... due to Kacy's addiction to her telephone, Cricket was the ONLY carrier that we could afford for her, even though they have horrible coverage and drop calls at random, and she can't use it when traveling to St George to see her family. For the better part of 5 years i've listened to her whine about how much she hates Cricket, and have reminded her that there are other options, only to have her remind me that we can't afford the other options. Well we finally found a great deal on a sprint plan with 1250 minutes (plus unlimited nights starting at 7pm and weekends, plus unlimited Sprint to Sprint calls. Since I'm on Sprint and Niki switched, she figured she can live with 1250 minutes a month (mind you this is over TWENTY HOURS! Not including evenings and weekends).

So we call Cricket to cancel, it says "press 1 for spanish or hang on the line for english", well I held on the line, but somehow I got the Asian department, could hardly understand a word they were saying. After getting transferred around, told that we owe them money (for a service that is prepay? Umm, no), told to call other numbers, and wasting a half hour of my life trying to understand someone who is likely a Cricket employee by "day" (night in his country) and a member of Al Queda by night (day in his country). I ask for a supervisor because this guy was worthless and what do you know... his supervisor speaks WORSE english than him! Good heavens! (Or is it praise Allah? I'm not sure at this point. Ha ha!) And I know darn good and well that his name is not "Kevin", they must give all these out sourced people a list of names to pick from, because I would guess if I went to Asia, or wherever the crap these guys are at, the only people named "Kevin" are tourists from America, or military men serving the USA.

So... for those poor souls reading this who are using Cricket... do yourself a favor, and sign up for the Sprint SERO plan or something else. You'll thank yourselves later! And you can even walk into a Sprint store and not be told to take a number, like the times we've had to walk into a Cricket store (aka Little Mexico) for something like buying a new phone. Someone should NOT have to wait an hour to give a company $200 for an overpriced phone. Yet people do it for Cricket. Believe me... if my wife can learn to limit her minutes, ANYONE can!

3 Wise Cracks:

Nicole S. said...

First, Kacy and I have a lot to talk about. Just ask my husband, he'll tell you the same thing. We are both hoping we can stay within our minutes:) Good thing its free mobile to mobile!! One more thing, Jason sounds like you know what you're doing.....will you cancel my account with Cricket? LOL

Mary said...

Hey did you know that for only $99.99/month on Sprint, Kacy could have UNLIMITED ANYTIME minutes? And UNLIMITED everything else too: text, email, web, tv, music, etc... Anyway, just thought Kacy might be interested. It's a great plan. I love love love it myself. And Owen loves it because I never go over my unlimited minutes.

Brittany said...

That sucks! I hate cell phone companies! Only out to get your money and give nothing in return!