Tuesday, May 6, 2008

My Night Out

So today I finally got a night out away from kids. We love it! Anyway I went to the Movie with my friend Niki. Well we were suppose to meet at 6:00 in Orem and Niki's husband decided not to come home from work ontime. Yes, He is still alive I think. Anyway we were suppose to go to dinner but did not have time. While I was waiting for Niki I decided to go and drive around the neighborhood that I grew up in. Oh the memories. I first drove down this road a couple streets down from ours. Well my former Bishop wa outside so I stopped and visited with him for a while. It was good to see him. We were talking about back in the day and a really funny story that happened before he was our Bishop and before he was even in our ward. Here is the story. It is kind of funny I need to share it. Well when I was in 1st grade I was riding my bike down to the Fruit stand on the corner to get candy with my sister. Well when we were on our way back we were crossing a road that we had the right away on. And this car was coming towards us but we could not see a driver. Well he had a stop sign so we just crossed anyway. All of the sudden this car hits my cute banana seat bike with me and my sister on it. So I was crying and he offers to give me a ride home. Of course I was trying to take him up on the ride. C'mon I was hurt. My sister told me no and we continued to walk home. He followed us home and told our dad that he had hit us. When our ward boundaries changed and he was put in it was really funny. So now we will never forget getting ran over by the Bishop. LOL
So after that visit Niki still could not leave so I drove by my old house and my neighbor was out working in her yard. So I decided to stop and talk to her. She is such a wonderful nice lady. She has been through alot and still has such a positive attitude on life. I wish more people could be like that including myself. It was so fun seeing her and catching up on her family and how they are doing. We were good friends with her kids growing up. I miss the childhood friendships that you seem to lose as you get old.
So finally we went and saw the movie Maid of Honor. If you have not seen it I highly recommend it. It was so funny. You are laughing one second and the next not sure if you should cry or not. But it is an awesome movie. I will totally have to buy it when it comes out.

2 Wise Cracks:

Nicole S. said...

I had so much fun! I hardly ever go see movies, so when's the next girls night out? Maybe my husband can be on time.....probably not!

Jason said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.