Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Another Proud Parent Moment!

So 2 weeks ago at church Dawson volunteered to give a talk in Primary. This is the first time this year that he has done one and so I was very happy that he finally got to. I have a serious phobia of getting up in front of people and really don't want my kids to be like that. So Saturday night Jason sat down with Dawson and had Dawson choose a topic. Dawson chose Temples. Dawson then wrote his own talk. Of course when Sunday came around and it was time to give the talk he said the first line and then got nervous and hid behind the stand. Jason was lucky enough to give the rest of Dawson's talk. I am so proud of Dawson that he was able to write his own talk though. He has such an amazingly strong spirit. Every night he has to listen to kids scripture stories to go to sleep. He loves the Gospel and learning about it and can't wait to be Baptized and someday be sealed to us. Here is his talk!

My talk is on temples.

I love when we drive by temples, I feel good when I look at them, and when I walk around the temples I feel good because of the Holy Ghost.

In the temple we can be baptized for people who were not baptized when they were alive.

We also go for ourselves to receive blessings.

We also can be sealed to our family for eternity.

We are blessed to live so close to so many temples.

I hope that some day I can be sealed to my family in the temple, that would be a very special day for me.

In the name of Jesus Christ Amen

1 Wise Cracks:

Meg said...

What a sweetheart! That talk is adorable and I love that you've kept it!