Sunday, October 19, 2008

Our little Getaway!

Since it was UEA and the kids were out of school I decided to take a trip down to St. George to visit my family. So Wednesday we headed out after dance class. Since it wasn't our holiday time then I did not have Dawson. I had been invited to a Halloween party with the kids on Wednesday night. We got down here just in time to get the kids dressed and head to the party. It was at Kori's friends parent's house. They do it every year and they have a potluck dinner and then all sorts of little games for the kids. They even had a Hurst. Kennidee and Kyson looked so cute in their little costumes. They had a super fun time at the party. I can't wait til Halloween. I seriously love this time of year.











On Thursday Me, Kori, Jill and my friend Christy took the kids to Staheli Farms(I am a loser and forgot my camera this day so I don't have pictures from Thursday). They have all sorts of fun activities for the kids like a petting zoo, Corn slide, swings, straw tunnels and of course the maze. After dark they do a scary corn maze as well. Since Kori's kids are a little older they insisted on doing the scary corn maze. Jill was a good sport and offered to watch the little kids so that Kori and I could take her kids. Kennidee insisted on going through it as well. I explained to her that it was scary and she still wanted to go. Of course after she was so freaked I could not get her to stop crying. It really wasn't that scary but for a 4 year old I can only imagine.

Friday night I got to go out with my sisters and my brother in law. We went to Texas Roadhouse and that is my favorite. I love it. Saturday was a super lazy day. Kori and I made sugar cookies and then my friend Christy and Jeremiah came over to watch movies at my sisters house. Sunday Kori and I were bored so she cut and dyed my hair. So now I am back to dark again. I love it though. Tomorrow we are heading back home. It is nice to be away but I am ready to be home. Not looking forward to all the laundry that I get to do after vacation time. (Brittany want to come and fold)? When is my vacation from my vacation?

5 Wise Cracks:

Nikki said...

Sounds like fun. Call me, we should get together 2449779.

Melissa said...

I can't wait to see your fam pic of all you guys dressed up. They look so cute.

Melissa said...

As a reply to your comment, I still want to get pics over in that place you guys had yours taken in Lehi and if you need practice we are more than happy to be guinea pigs for you. We might be going to Price this weekend but if not I will let you know. We are also trying to think of a good night to have you guys over for games and dinner. What is Jason's schedule for the next couple weekends?

Vickie said...

Those costumes are "incredibly" cute!! Is Dawson one of the Incredibles too? It looks like everyone had a lot of fun.

The Oldroyd's said...

Those are darling. Now are you guys the parents???? Or are you just dressing the kids up? Well they look so cute.