Monday, October 6, 2008

Come on Down! You're the next contestant on the Price is Right!

So Okay tonight my sister calls me at about 9:15 p.m. and tells me to get on my computer and go to this link. So like a good sister I obey. She then tells me to type in the following code: g84rcm so I follow then she starts telling me to click here and here and there and then print and blah blah blah. Next thing I know I am on my way to the local Albertsons with a list, a handful of coupons (now mind you I never ever mess with coupons) and best of all I am in my pajamas. However because I am in my pajamas and Jason is home I get to go without the Three Stooges in my arms. So I get to Albertsons at 10:05 and after filling my cart with 24 boxes of cereal, 8 ready to bake cookie doughs, 2 frostings, 2 gallons of milk, 4 pillsbury crescent rolls, toothpaste, 2 toaster strudels, 4 boxes of gogurts, 4 trix yogurts, 2 betty crocker cookie pouches, 2 betty crocker chessy potatoes, 2 grands biscuits, 4 pillsbury cinnamon rolls, 2 boxes of chex bars, a very long receipt and a ton of savings I head home. I get home so proud of myself and all the savings. I decided to lay it all out on the counter and show off the savings.


Now I am not going to disclose what I paid or what I saved. That is for you to guess. Yes this is a game! Jason decided (While I was carefully posing all the food on the counter for the big picture) that we were going to see who could guess what I spent and what I would have spent without ANY discounts or coupons. So whoever guesses what I spent without going over we will send a prize. Now there will also be given a prize to whoever can guess what we would have spent. So get your comments with your guesses fast. On Friday I will post my receipt and announce winners!!!! Happy Guessing!




***Guess must be submitted by 11:23 p.m. mountain time Thursday 10/9/08. One entry per household. The Plott family is not responsible for any taxes for prizes given. Not valid for residents of North and South Dakota, Delaware, Massachusetts and Connecticut. Prize cannot be returned. May be used for white elephant gifts at christmas parties. For full rules and contest regulations please send SASE to us with $5 inside. Yours truly Dewey, Cheatum and Howe Law Offices****

13 Wise Cracks:

Mierzejewski said...

1$ That's what they do on the price is right!!! I hope I win!!

Jason said...

Silly Michelle. Bidding $1 (or 1$ as you put it) is great if you're the last bidder, but the first bidder? You apparently didn't watch enough price is right. Now the next person can just bid $2, but if they want to win they'll make a real guess :) Oh and you only guessed 1, had you read the rules you would have realized that you needed 2 guesses.

It's ok, we understand you rode the short bus to school! LOL!

HA HA! Just kidding, at least about the short bus :) Thanks for playing, and I feel i'm already safe to say "better luck next time"

Brittany said...

Ok, my guess for the actual paid total is $55.00
And my guess for what you would have paid without coupons is $160.00

Natalie said...

My guess for actual paid is $40. Without coupons $130.

Melissa said...

I guess it would have been $215+tax= $225
I guess you paid $61+tax= $64
BTW this is Tyler so please don't give me some girly prize if I win!

Kacy said...

Tyler, I am sure we will find a lovely prize for you if you win. Hope you enjoyed your prostate exam

Mierzejewski said...

Okay, sorry I didnt read the rules! Anyway I really want to play! Cant you delete my first comment and let me comment again!?! PLEASE

Lacey said...

I say you paid $70 with tax and it would have been $180ish with tax!!!!!

Lacey said...

I love your new family picture. Did you take them?

Meg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Meg said...

$190 without coupons
$16 with coupons

Do I need to figure in tax?

Kati said...

My guess for your coupon total is $56. You total for without coupons is $215.

The Oldroyd's said...

My guess is probably totally off but.... With coupons you paid $54 and with out it would have been $148.