Friday, October 24, 2008

Carving pumpkins with Daddy

Thursday Kacy had Bunco, and since I will be out of town next week, I decided it would be a good night to carve pumpkins with the kids. My friend Tyler and his daughter came over.cThe kids had fun getting all the 'guts' out of the pumpkin, then carving them (or watching Daddy and Tyler carve them). I had bought a few books of designs for pumpkins, they actually turned out pretty cool. Dawson had to make an incredibles one since we're all being the incredibles for Halloween, then he had to put on his Dash costume, since Kennidee and Kyson had pictures in their costumes on the blog already. Kennidee wanted to make Cinderella's castle, I didn't think it turned out that great, but once we lit it up and turned off the lights, it looked pretty good. Kinsey (Tyler) picked out a skull and crossbones. Kyson was a great spectator, buckled in his high chair chowing down on a corn dog!

Here are the kids cleaning out the guts!




Here are the kids with their finished pumpkins!



And here are the pumpkins all lit up.






3 Wise Cracks:

Melissa said...

I'm glad we've gotten to know you guys. Kinsey loves coming over to your house.

Brittany said...

I love Halloween!! The pumpkins turned out great! Can't wait to carve mine!!

Nikki said...

Hi! Looks like fun. We have yet to carve our pumpkins. Yeah I would be interested in those two tickets to twilight if you don't mind. Let me know. 801 244 9779