Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I am still the cutest!

So today was the Lehi baby contest. I always think it is so fun to enter my kids. Jason really doesn't understand why I keep doing it. But there is nothing funner for a Mom then to show off their kids. So I had tried to find out what time we needed to be to the contest and never found what exact time, it just said from 10-3. I got up and got all the kids ready and got over to the Legacy Center at 10:05 just to find out that Kyson's age group was not till 11:15. Well I was not going to go home so I just hung out waiting. So finally at 11:30 he was at the judges. Now Kyson is not the most social child to begin with but after sitting waiting for 1 1/2 hours he was even less social. So we get up there and the judges just look at him. They told me just to do whatever with him. So I was trying to get him to dance and smile. He so was not interested. I got a very small smile out of him but that was it. So I knew that he was not going to win. There were so many kids. When we left they gave him a balloon. Well we went back at 3:00 for the results and as expected he did not win. It is totally fine though. I really don't need a piece of paper to tell me my kids are cute. When Dawson was a baby he won 2nd runner up in the Hawaiian tropic but did not even place in the Lehi one. It is seriously all about the personality. So they took a really cute picture though. He still wasn't being the happiest little guy on the planet but it turned out okay. So later tonight when we got home from everything he was crawling around and spotted his balloon again and had to have it. He crawled around with it all evening. He even had to eat dinner holding it in one hand. He was dancing while my nephews played rock band and when I went to put him in bed he tried to take it too. I let him keep it long enough to take a picture of him and then took it away. He was mad. I went in after he had been in bed for a couple hours and he was stinky so I woke him up to change him and he spotted his balloon again and grabbed it again. Unfortunately we had to start the whole disappointment thing again by not letting him take it to bed again. Mean Mommy!


Here is the picture that they took of him. I don't have a scanner though so I had to take a picture of a picture. Sorry it stinks!















Kyson just hanging out with his balloon. I have never seen a kid so attached. LOL

4 Wise Cracks:

Lacey said...

How cute. I remember when you put Dawson in that contest you were so proud! Wow that was a million years ago!

Jason said...

ha ha. that is HILARIOUS! Thanks for posting those!

Melissa said...

Kinsey is the same way. She will do cute funny things at home but around people she is so shy. I can't even take her to get her picture taken somewhere professionally because she would just cry. That is a cute picture of Kyson.

Brittany said...

He should have won! So cute!!